Friday, 19 February 2010

Favourite Fashion Illustrators

I have a thing for really detailed, hand-drawn fashion illustrations and these two girls' work completely encompasses my idea of an incredible illustration. I reeeally love the combination of feminine imagery with angular lines and blocks of colour, I find it very much inspires the way I want to dress and the sort of clothes I design.

Firstly, there's Cecilia Carlstedt and her gorgeous use of tonal drawings in incredible detail and the way she combines light and dark. Visit her website here.


Secondly, there's Erin Petson and her equally stunning use of evocative drawings, paint and collage. I used her work as inspiration for one of my projects in Fine Art and the illustrations in my header are some of the work from this. You can visit Erin's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥