Friday, 19 February 2010

Rodarte Inspired Textiles

My last project in Textiles was an open brief so I could choose to do anything I wanted. I'd really fallen in love with the work of Rodarte and considering how manipulation of fabrics and embellishment are important parts of their designs, I knew that using their work as inspiration would be perfect. My concept was the contrasts between man-made and natural materials and how I could manipulate these materials. Here are a few Research & Development pages:
I thought I'd show you a couple of images of the dress I've made as a final piece too, although it's still not fully completed!
Oh and I felt like I'd just say that in my endeavours for a place on a Fashion degree , so far, I have offers from Nottingham Trent, Northumbria, De Montfort and Central Lancashire as well as an upcoming interview at Manchester Met! At the moment I think I have my heart set on going to Northumbria University, the course is really reputable and it seems like it'll suit me and the way I work really well. I'll update you when I eventually make up my mind properly though!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment and for visiting my blog.
    OMG that dress is amazing you are so creative I would so buy one of those. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥