Thursday, 4 March 2010

London Fashion Week A/W '10

Here are some of my favourites from LFW:

Christopher Kane
Lace, leather and PVC panelled dresses, mannish blazers, sheer blouses and kilts all adorned with intricate floral embroidery and stud details. What's not to love?

Louise Goldin
Armour-inspired shapes in military khaki and navy blue, with flashes of red, blue and gold. Sent down the catwalk to a soundtrack of Apocalyptica (4 guys who play heavy metal on cellos). That alone makes me a big fan.

Bora Aksu
Sheer panels and layers of pink, grey and black with loops, ruffles and gathers. The details actually make me think of muscles and the human skeleton?

Burberry Prorsum
Gorgeous military and flying jackets in fur, leather, suede and sheepskin, accented with lace and velvet in rouches and ruffles. Christopher Bailey at his best.

Speaking of Christopher Bailey just thought I'd drop in my story about meeting him in my local Sainsbury's of all places! I was helping my mum with the shopping and we went down the cereal aisle for her Oatibix and there he was! He was with an actor called Simon Woods, who played Mr Bingley in the recent Pride and Prejudice, I think? I was so excited and stunned I felt like crying! I couldn't bring myself to speak to him though, so I just kind of stalked them around the shop a little haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥