Saturday, 27 March 2010

New Denim Shorts

I got these high-waisted denim shorts on sale for £15 from Miss Selfridge the other week and I finally got around to wearing them today. I really love the shape, although they are pretty short, the waist is really high and they're really comfy and not too small, I've got a big bum/hips/thighs so I have problems with stuff fitting me around that area, but these are just right. Ah, the curse of being pear-shaped :(

Top - Topshop
Cardi - Topshop
Shorts - Miss Selfridge
Waistcoat - JJ Park

I was just going into town today, so I went for quite a casual look, Halifax is hardly fashion-central. Anyway I was out getting all the stuff together for a family party tomorrow, like banners and balloons and nommy treats, which is in honour of my 18th birthday that's now only 5 days away! (Yes, my birthday is on April Fool's Day haha.)


It's all quite exciting as my family are coming over tomorrow and then for my birthday itself, I'm going to London for a few days! So hopefully lots of Oxford Street shopping, nice meals out and a bit of a visit to the V&A museum. I'm also hoping to go to the Bicester Shopping Village on the way there. I've been once before and it was so good, lots of gorgeous designer stuff for bargainous prices but I really want to go again as there's a pop-up boutique opening next week called the British Designer Collective, with designers like Preen, Erdem, Mark Fast, Markus Lupfer and Hannah Marshall to name a few at up to 50% off!!! How good is that?!?
And obviously there's the Luella store too, which I made a beeline to straight away when I went last year. That was possibly one of the most exciting moments of my life, walking into a Luella store where everything is massively discounted! And obviously actually buying a dress from the A/W 09 collection for £125 was pretty good as well! Anyway I'll try to get pictures of it up on here as it is completely gorgeous and deserves to be shown off more!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you put these together! And the accessories as well! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love These Shorts Are They New?? As I Really Want The New Vintage Inspired Denim Shorts On The Website..Have'nt Got Them In My Shop Yet :( These Look Similar..Cute Outfit Too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiii, thanks! :)
    The shorts were from the mid season sale from a week or two ago now, i've just had a look on the site and the ones i got are sold out now i think, those other ones are pretty similar though, great colour too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gorgeous. Being a 'pear shape'is a blessing :D

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥