Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Update (Finally)

I've been ill over the past couple of weeks so apologies for the lack of posts. Still feeling pretty awful, so bear with me, but I've really missed posting here and I have loads of things I want to share.

I'd been keeping a very close eye on both NYFW and LFW and I'm hoping to post a lot of my favourites in the next couple of days.
However I just thought I'd show you the designer that I got most excited about this season, Iris Van Herpen, who was actually showing as part of Vauxhall Fashion Scout in London.
I was actually made aware of this designer through the Fashion Week coverage on the ASOS community and I had some kind of weird moment of revelation when I saw her work. The epic amounts of detail and complexity in the structure of her stuff just blew me away and it also hit me how completely perfect her work was in relation to my textiles project based on sculptural fashion and costume, which I'd been feeling pretty unsure about.
I really doubt that I'll be able to replicate the intensity and skill that this collection embodies, but I suppose I can try to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥