Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Florence Welch

It's safe to say that I am a very big Florence Welch fan. She reminds me so much of some of  the earlier female singer/songwriters, like Tori Amos and Kate Bush. She's got the same level of raw emotion and power, and a sort of inner strength which just pours out when she performs. I really admire that kind of person, who can completely be themselves in what they do and put their heart and soul into it, even if it's only while they're performing on stage.

On a slightly more shallow note, I also really love her style! Its that kind of goth meets vintage meets 70's disco mish-mash that I really love, and the fact that she doesn't look like she has a stylist dictating to her all the time is really refreshing. I love the way her onstage look is so ethereal yet powerful, when I saw her live last December she was in this gorgeous long white vintage dress and barefoot. She was just so understated yet glamourous at the same time.

P.S. I thought I'd start doing some of these sort of posts about things that inspire me, whether it's musicians, artists, designers, photography etc as I do get inspired by all sorts of things and, to be honest, it's helpful even just for myself to kind of record this sort of thing and have it written down somewhere. Let me know what you think though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥