Tuesday, 4 May 2010

90's Grunge Inspired

It wasn't really my intention to today, but I ended up putting together even more of a 1990's  grunge inspired look than I usually do. I really wanted to wear one of my Metallica tees and after spending a reasonable amount of time trying things on and then discarding them, I went with my mink-coloured jersey skirt and bleached denim jacket. I left the tee untucked to sort of continue with the unkempt feel of the outfit and wore my hair in a bun again. In terms of practicality having my hair up is quite good as it means it's out the way and not irritating me while drawing/painting/sewing at college. I also sort of like how it looks.

Although you can't really see on these photos, this Metallica tee is really very distressed. It's now around 6 years old and absolutely full of holes, although these are mainly from allowing my bunny rabbits to chew at it a bit too much! When I first got it I cut out the neck, mainly so I could wear it to dance classes but also because the off-the-shoulder shape is way more flattering than that made-for-men high neck shape. I actually think it's probably the only thing in my wardrobe that I wore when I was 12 that I'm still wearing now 6 years later!

Tee - Metallica
Skirt - ASOS
Jacket - Topshop
Necklaces - ASOS & Topshop

4 comments:

  1. Metallica.They are coming to Croatia in 11 days!!!!OH I CANT WAIT!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the skirt, looks really easy to wear and comfortable.

    www.bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect grunge look love that the tee is so old makes the whole look more original I know I have said this before but I am totally in love with your rosary's they work so well together xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rawr! I love your grunge-inspired outfit. It all goes well together & nice to see a brown/beige skirt instead of a denim, black or khaki one. A nice twist & it works amazingly!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥