Saturday, 1 May 2010

Maxi Dress (again)

This was what I wore yesterday. The weather was rubbish so I wore my maxi dress again, as it meant I could layer it up and stay cosy. I was actually kind of inspired by the feature on the ASOS website about how to style a maxi dress and I thought I'd try out the second one.

So I teamed my maxi with a knotted denim shirt along with my parka because it was much too cold and rainy to wear it with just the denim shirt. I also put my hair in a bun! I hardly ever wear my hair up, only for dance classes where a bun is necessary for double pirouettes, but considering buns are so in at the moment I thought I'd give it a go. However, as my hair is ridiculously thick and heavy I can't quite do a top-knot style bun that sits on the top of my head, so I had to just go for a lower one, maybe I can get it a bit higher with practise!



Dress - ASOS
Shirt - Topshop
Parka - New Look
Necklaces - ASOS & Topshop

5 comments:

  1. omg i wore pretty much the exact same outfit yesterday...except i had a black top with a black maxi skirt...i also got the knotted shirt idea from asos..love those looks, especially the first two. and you look awesome, love your rosarys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your outfit!!!
    Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hun this layering works so well and the parka goes perfectly. How I wish to have thick heavy hair. I notice your rosary beads my friend gave me one yesterday I have not worn it yet. Great outfit post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how ure wearing denim short over a maxi dress!!!! so stylish! great blog! and i love asos website!

    xoxo
    jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! I need to try this out - denim top over long black maxi dress!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥