Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Wedges

I ordered these wedges from Urban Outfitters the other day as they had been reduced from £80 to £45. Although I really like these, they aren't entirely what I'd wanted so my perfectionism has been on overdrive these past few days abotu whether I should just go along with these ones, or try to find something else. I guess I can only be certain when they arrive and I can try them on and see if I really like them or not.
Urban Outfitters

Basically, I would have really liked the pair below from ASOS as they were pretty much exactly what I was looking for, and not particularly expensive, but then they sold out before I got the chance to buy them.
So then I looked at these similar ones in Topshop (more expensive but a lot nicer really) but they were also sold out and I haven't seen them in any of my local stores either so I had to knock that one on the head.

Asos, Topshop

So then I've trawled all of the usual sites trying to find other wedges that match my checklist (black preferably leather, high wedge heel + platform, cut outs/lace-up/buckle details, peep-toe, appropriate for summer) and found various pairs,  but all between £85 and £150, which is too expensive really.
Urban Outfitters

Topshop

Jeffrey Campbell

And then today I found these Steve Madden wedges at stevemadden.com that are on pre-order, so they aren't even on sale yet until August, but I completely love them! The gold zip and buckle details are just perfect and they're a perfect height and shape, but I doubt I'll ever be able to get hold of them as the shipping is like $40 on top of the $90 or whatever it is for the actual shoes and then there's all the charges at customs to worry about too. Let's hope somewhere in the UK ends up stocking them though!

Steve Madden

So yeah, confusion! But, to be fair, once I actually have the Urban Outfitters wedges in my posession I might find that they are completely perfect and that I don't need to keep looking at every other pair of wedges in existence to find my absoloute favourite.

Or maybe I just need to calm down a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥