Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Today's Outfit & Sale Shopping!

Finally managed to do some actual real life shopping today! I don't know if any of you have noticed but I buy practically everything online as I've got so used to not having the time to spend the day out shopping, so its always a bit of a treat for me to go out to do some proper shopping! And, really, you need to actually go out to a shop when you want to trawl through the sale rails and get some decent bargains, particularly when its Topshop as everything online sells out so quickly!

Anyway I thought that the weather today was going to be a bit grey and wet so I wore my new-ish khaki maxi dress and layered it with my loose-knit jumper. The weather turned out to be just as nice as it had been for the past couple of days though so I ended up feeling way too warm!



Dress - New Look
Jumper - H&M
Sandals - Urban Outfitters

So I picked up a couple of things in the Topshop sale, first of all, this floral dress with a knot-back detail for £15. Its one of those things that doesn't look particularly special on the hanger but looks really nice on. I also think the shape has gone all wonky with being sat on the sale rail for a while so I'm gonna need to fiddle with it a bit ha!


The other piece I bought was this cream crochet vest dress from Topshop for £18. I think it'll look nice layered over a black slip dress with my usual black accessories.


Then finally I had a look in Dorothy Perkins and got these floral shorts for £12 that I'd seen in the sale online but they'd sold out in my size, but luckily they had a pair in store so I knew I had to have them.


I should hopefully be doing some more shopping in the next couple of weeks as I'm planning my wardrobe for when I go on holiday to Kos with some friends in 3 weeks time. I only have a 15kg suitcase weight limit, so I'm going to have to plan what I'm wearing really carefully and hopefully I won't end up doing my usual last-minute "I don't know what to wear!" panic haha!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, loving the look! The holey jumper layered over the maxi dress is inventive & COOL. Love your purchases too, especially that floral Topshop dress. I love floral print like that, where it looks kind of oldskool if you get what I mean? I affectionately call it 'curtain floral' because it reminds me of 1930s curtains, hehe. Can't wait to see how you style your new goods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that sweater, very cute.
    Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! I would never have thought of wearing a jumper over a maxi dress, but it looks amazing.
    Love the crochet dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the H&M jumper, perfect for layering.
    And to be honest, I wanted to buy that knoted Topshop dress myself, but I didn't...and now, sure, I regret it...
    And, ooo, I wore a white dress and denim vest today, totally inspired by you :)

    Love, Diana
    Songs and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. great jumper and i love your sandals!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥