Wednesday, 11 August 2010

holiday in Ibiza: part one

Hey everyone, I'm back again from my second holiday in Ibiza with the family! I had actually got back home yesterday so sorry that this post is a day late but, oddly enough, I ended up developing a pretty bad cold while I've been away and when I got back home yesterday I felt soooo rough and just ended up going to bed early! Still I had an absolutely amazing time despite coughing my guts up most days, and as I promised here are some pictures. I thought I'd post these in a few parts as I've got quite a few typical holiday shots to show you all as well as a week's worth of outfit shots so bear with me!

First off we have the pool, which although on the small side was just right for a really lazy week in the sun. There was a bit of competition for the sun beds though, I'd usually be out as soon as the pool opened so I could get a good spot!

Anyway as soon as we arrived we got out and had a wander around the town and checked out the beach. I just threw on a vest and this floral skirt I got at my local River Island for £4.50 when I went for a last-minute holiday shop. Bargain or what?!

I'm wearing:
Top - ASOS
Skirt - River Island
Bag - Freebie from Elle magazine a couple of years ago!

Anna's wearing:
Tunic - Topshop

As you can see the view as you walk along the seafront is pretty gorgeous!
 


Then once we'd checked out the town and the beach we headed for the pool and had a session on the sunbeds until we needed to get ready for dinner.

I didn't manage to get photos of the first night's outfit but I just wore my floral Topshop playsuit as seen in this post with black accessories. On the second night I decided to wear another Topshop floral piece, this time my knot-back detail dress with tan accessories. I also went for a bit of a different hairstyle, which I basically nicked off my friend Lizzy as she wore her hair like this a lot when we were on holiday and it looks gorgeous on her! So I thought I'd give it a try and see how it looked on me and if it was any quicker or easier than my usual hair style. I basically just clipped all my hair to one side and had kinda hoped that it would dry naturally in nice waves but because of the stubborn nature of my hair I ended up having to blow dry and style it anyway!

I'm wearing:
Dress - Topshop
Belt - Topshop
Sandals - Barratts


I liked the end result but it kind of ended up being more complicated and long-winded than  my usual hair routine so I didn't bother trying it again! Let me know what you think of it though!

Anna's wearing:
Dress - Topshop
Sandals - Office

The next day was yet another pool day and me and my sister went for a swim to cool off. It definitely worked as the pool was freezing!

The third night's outfit was another Topshop dress, this time this one-shouldered body con one which I paired with my studded belt and black sandals. As you can probably tell by now, I don't go for particularly complex outfits when I'm on holiday, as I figure it's too hot for layering and most of the time fashion is completely lost on most of the other people at the hotels we go to anyway, so I just go for an on-trend dress with quite simple accessories, so I feel good about myself but not too overdone!

I'm wearing:
Dress - Topshop
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Sandals - Barratts


Anna's wearing:
Dress - New Look
Necklace - Topshop
Flower - Topshop
Sandals - Office

Anyway I think I'll finish my post here for now and go to bed as I'm still feeling a bit rough, expect part 2 tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Really love your pink bodycon dress, you look so good in it! Whereabouts are you staying, Santa Eularia?

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥