Friday, 13 August 2010

holiday in Ibiza: part three

So here's the final part of my holiday photos! On the second to last night, I wore a dress by Dahlia which I got on sale from ASOS last year. I love how this dress has this gorgeous draped skirt in a grungy print and then has contrasting panels at the bust with cut-out details at the sides, and I especially love it when I've got a tan! To let the dress stand out I just paired it with some bracelets and my cut-out sandals.


I'm wearing:
Dress - Dahlia
Sandals - Urban Outfitters

Anna's wearing:
Dress - Topshop
Sandals - Office

On our last day we just lazed about by the pool again and did loads of swimming, I thought I'd throw in a cute picture of my dad and sister mucking about as well as me with my hard-earned tan. I'd kind of hoped my tan would be better considering I've had two weeks in the sun but I ended up not going as dark as I had hoped. Oh well, there's always fake tan to keep it topped up!



On the last night I decided to wear my maxi dress that I had had mentioned in this post. I had planned on wearing it earlier in the week but then decided to wear other things so I only had chance to wear it on the last night. I paired it with my studded belt, bracelets and gladiator sandals, so I think I had a bit of a grecian vibe going on! The only problem with this dress is that when you've eaten quite a bit of food (which could not be avoided as the evening meal was a buffet) the fabric and shape is not very forgiving, so I really had to suck my tummy in so I didn't look so fat!


I'm wearing:
Dress - Topshop
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Sandals - Barratts

Anna's wearing:
Top - Topshop
Skirt - Topshop
Sandals - Office

Then this is what me and my sister wore on the way home, we'd bought some "I Love Ibiza" t-shirts which we customised. Me and my friends had done this when we were in Kos and my sister had wanted to do it on our holiday too. I suppose it's kinda cheesy in a way, but I think its a really fun little memento of a lovely holiday, and maybe you'll even see the top working its way into a future outfit post or two sometime!

I'm wearing:
Top - DIY
Skirt - Matalan
Sandals - Urban Outfitters

Anna's wearing:
Top - DIY
Jeans - Topshop

So that was the end of my holiday and now what I have to look forward in the coming weeks is finding out my A-Level results (definitely NOT looking forward to that one!), Leeds Festival over the August bank holiday weekend and hopefully starting at Northumbria University in September, which although exciting is also REALLY scary at the same time!

8 comments:

  1. a-level results! i remember last year, there was this myth that ucas accidentally updates your offers at midnight for 5 minutes before taking it off... i think we broke UCAS.
    And then you have to stay up till 5am to find out... then you have to nap before going to school then a celebratory night out...
    i'm so jealous of you already!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun you both look stunning I am totally in love with your dress in the first picture what an awesome shape xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the maxi skirt in that last photo!

    great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have A-Levels here, but I remember the day I've got my leaving cert results...It was sooo scary but everything turned out pretty well. Time's flying by so fast..just one more year and I'm done with my Master's, how would have thought this back then...
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

    Love love the last look :)

    xo, Diana
    Songs and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. goodluck with your exam results! i love that topshop dress on you, and your fringe is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both of your outfits are amazing.
    love the long grey dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the outfits! Beautiful. You are so pretty. xoxo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥