Friday, 20 August 2010

results

So I got my results yesterday! I would have posted this earlier but I was out most of yesterday and then I've kept getting distracted today as well, so sorry its a bit late! You will be glad to know I did really well although I was a tiny bit disappointed with my results in Art and Textiles, although I wasn't all that surprised that I didn't do as well as I might have hoped as it's been a bit of an uphill struggle with them this year, mainly because I try to work quite conceptually and it doesn't translate well in A-Levels. So anyway, I got A* in both Business and General Studies (neither of which I was expecting but it was a very welcome surprise none-the-less!) and I got an A in Textiles and then a B in Fine Art. My place was also confirmed at Northumbria University to do Fashion Design, so I will be off to Newcastle in just a month's time! So I'm quite scared but also super excited at the same time!

Anyway this is what I wore to get my results, I'd actually been called by college on Wednesday to ask me to come in early so that I could have my photo taken for the local paper along with some other students, so I had to make sure I looked half decent so I wouldn't look crap in the paper! It took me ages to decide what to wear but I finally decided on wearing my denim shirt tucked into my floral shorts and I wore it with my usual accessories along with my flat boots paired with socks, which I think was a bit of a nod towards A/W, I can't wait to start wearing A/W stuff properly!


Shirt - Topshop
Shorts - Next
Bag - ASOS
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Boots - Urban Outfitters

P.S. Just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who are following and commenting and for wishing me luck in my results, I'm really pleased with them so the comments must have paid off!

7 comments:

  1. Well done on your results! Love your outfit too, must be so exciting going to uni, I remember how excited I was before I went. I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Another impeccable outfit once again from you! I also cannot wait for colder weather so I can start layering up and 'do' the A/W trends. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your floral shorts are wonderful!! love you belted it too!

    come by for a visit
    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    x Your Only Blackswan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! You can be so proud of yourself!!!

    Love ya,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You should be pleased!

    I do fashion design and production, and it's a very busy course! But sooo much fun :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. COngratulations on your A level results!
    2. Might I say that I find you and your outfits adorable?
    3. I'm going to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations :) So pleased for you! & I love youro outfit - you look great for your appearance in the paper.

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥