Tuesday, 28 September 2010

getting into the swing of things

It's been my second day of classes and lectures today and so far I'm really enjoying it! It's hard work, we spent literally all day yesterday doing loads of different experimental drawings, which maybe didn't go as well as I would have liked, as it felt like I'd forgotten pretty much all of my basic drawing skills over summer!  And then this morning we had our first go on the industrial sewing machines, which was scary and a bit stressful to say the least, but I'm sure once I'm a bit more used to everything I'll enjoy classes even more.

Anyway I managed to get some outfit pictures done today! Granted they're not very good as I had to take them in my room in my flat so the lighting isn't great, but I will hopefully work out the perfect way to take them soon, but for now this will have to do! I went with my signature grungy layered sort of look today by layering one of my black maxi dresses with a top I got the other day in what remains of the sale in the Topshop in Eldon Square in Newcastle. I love the draped, swingy shape as well as the burgundy colour, and for £7 it was a bargain too! I decided to belt it to change the shape a bit and then threw on all  my usual accessories with it, as well as my leather jacket for that extra bit of grunginess (if that's even a word!)



Dress - New Look
Top - Topshop
Jacket - River Island
Belt - Urban Outfitters

P.S. Please ignore the fact you can see into my bathroom in the mirror! Will shut the door next time ha!

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE that colour tank - looks great with the black. great outfit.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! you are so pretty and this is such a cute outfit!

    please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)
    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour, it really suits you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your outfit its perfect!!!


    ps. great blog
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥