Sunday, 26 September 2010

back

Hey guys! So sorry about what is now a 2 week absence from the blog but as some of you may have picked up on, I have now moved to Newcastle to start at Northumbria University! I moved in the Friday before last and I have been so busy since then that I literally haven't been able to even contemplate trying to post until now. Anyway I thought I'd just show you a few photos of some of the new things that come with Uni life as I am still trying to work out the best way to take outfit photos, as I can no longer sneak outside into my garden and have a bit of a pose in front of my camera and tripod, so some general snapshots of things will have to do for now!


My new bedroom!

 The view from my window, I can see the Baltic!


And the all important wardrobe!


Apologies that the quality of these pictures isn't all that great, I took them when the light was fading a bit so they've turned out a bit grainy :(

Also thought I'd include a couple of shots from my first induction week on my Fashion Design course, everything seems really good so far and I start properly tomorrow, which is pretty exciting, however I'm not looking forward to the early 9:00 am start!



We'd been doing group work where we put together a storyboard inspired by a set of fashion images, and we then had to create a 3D shape on the stand using only old shirts! We then had to present our work to tutors and the rest of the class for a bit of an informal crit session.


Anyway, hope you've all had a good weekend and I'll be back soon with hopefully more outfit posts, a bit of street style inspiration and maybe even some of my work!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're having an amazing time at uni, it really is such a great experience. Your course looks really fun already, looking forward to more about your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like Northumbria. Aww I miss living in those halls!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...living in halls! Such a great experience! And your class looks like fun! Anyway, make the best of your time there!

    xo, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halls is without a doubt one of the best experiences! Maybe you could ask one of your flatmates when you feel a bit more comfortable with them? Or failing that, someone off your fashion design course? I remember 9am starts, luckily this year they've made all my mornings 10:15 starts :) I wish you luck in your first year lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, and good luck with uni! It's a very competitive subject but i'm sure you'll shine!!

    http://samirafreak.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very best of luck, and hope you are loving it at Northumbria. x

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥