Monday, 18 October 2010

fantasy fur

As I mentioned in my previous post I went home this weekend and had the loveliest time.  I spent Friday and Saturday just sat around watching our new TV, eating ice cream (Ben & Jerrys obviously), playing the Wii with my sister (Just Dance 2 is definitely worth having a go at, so much fun and such good exercise!) as well as getting to sleep again in my lovely double bed! Gosh I missed it! Then on Sunday I had to pry myself out of bed and travel back over to Newcastle and this outfit was from then. These pictures were actually taken in Newcastle by my mum outside the Laing Art Gallery, which I have yet to have a look round even though I live about 5 minutes away from it!

Anyway I'm wearing my amazing faux fur coat that I had mentioned briefly in this post here, which I got at a vintage fair last month in Harrogate for a bargainous £19! This has probably got to be the best £19 I've ever spent as this coat is completely perfect. Its just the right shade of brown,  not too dark and not too light, while being the perfect oversized shape with perfect length bracelet sleeves. Not only that it is so warm and comfy, it's going to be an absolute essential over winter! Although I've worn it a considerable number of times so far I haven't actually worn it in an outfit on this blog yet, but I suppose its better late than never!

I decided to wear it in quite a vintage-y but also grungy sort of way yesterday, so I paired it with my nude, zip-detail slip dress from Topshop as well as a pair of biker style boots. This is another item which has yet to appear on my blog, even though I've had these for probably around 2 years! Weirdly enough I'd actually bought these boots for a halloween party so that I could dress up as Alice in Resident Evil, where I wore said biker boots with a red silky midi length nightie I got in the market that I customized to have an asymmetric hem. It wasn't exactly my best work but I suppose I did kind of look like her, even though I always had to inform people of who I was dressed up as! Is it just me, or is that the most annoying thing about fancy dress? If you're ever at all orginal in any way, no one ever has a clue who you're supposed to be and you end up just getting a load of funny looks! Anyway, I digress. I haven't actually worn these boots since then as I felt like they made my legs look fatter than usual so I steered clear of them, but then I started seeing other people wearing biker boots with pretty dresses and skirts and I just wanted to give them another go. So, here they are! I'm still looking at getting perhaps a cheap-ish ankle length pair, but these will do for now!


Coat - Vintage
Dress - Topshop
Bag - ASOS
Necklace - ASOS
Boots - Debenhams

7 comments:

  1. The coat is gorgeous! I'm glad it's faux fur, I'm not loving fashions latest obsession with real fur. Though I do wear leather and suede so I'm perhaps a bit of a hypocryte!

    Little Rachael Vintage
    Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coat is lovely! I love the dress you're wearing as well! Sounds like you had a similar weekend to mine ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats an absoulutely lovely outfit! that dress looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh Alice from Resident Evil! I've always liked her "literally just-thrown-on" look in the movie! Camera Diaz in the movie "The Sweetest Thing" wears a similar outfit, but one that looks more appropriate for going out - dark maroon cowl neck 3/4 dress and knee high boots. Always had a soft spot for both!

    who doesn't love a fur coat! i agree, this shade of brown is perfect!

    come drop by for a visit,

    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    x Your Only Blackswan

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥