Sunday, 10 October 2010

hours

There is literally not enough time in the day for everything I need to do! Every time I've tried to post this past week something or other has got in the way, whether its been trying to do uni work or just generally not feeling in the right mood to write a post, something has always got in my way, and I am so sorry for that! It also doesn't help that I'm feeling pretty uninspired right now, doing work seems to be a real uphill struggle and when I'm trying to keep up with everything else thats going on as well, it just gets sooo hard to do anything! I also think my blog needs a bit of a revamp too, in terms of layout as well as photography as I'm still finding it pretty hard to get decent outfit photos, again my lack of feeling inspired is also affecting this too sadly!

Anyway enough of the complaints though as I have a couple of sets of outfit photos from the past week which I thought I'd just post even though I'm really not happy with the quality/composition of the photos. I'm trying a bit of a different format with them in putting them next to each other though, so please let me know what you think!

This was just a quick outfit I put together last Sunday, I recently bought the shearling trim denim jacket from Primark and I thought it would go quite well with my floral sundress from Topshop.

Dress - Topshop
Jacket - Primark
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace - ASOS

Then this outfit was from Wednesday and it was kind of inspired by some of the looks in my last post. I wanted to wear one of my maxi skirts belted at the waist and this grey Dorothy Perkins one was the best for that. I then just wore it quite simply with a plain black vest top and my leather jacket. I think this outfit would be just that little bit better if I had a black bustier/bralet style top to pair it with, but I have not had much luck so far in finding one in black thats not too expensive, so the search shall continue!

Vest - ASOS
Skirt - Dorothy Perkins
Jacket - River Island
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace - ASOS

I will hopefully also post some shots of work I've done in the past couple of weeks (mainly moulage or draping on the stand to those of you who aren't clued up in design vocab!) later today/tomorrow as well as some other general shots maybe, so watch this space!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome leather jacket. I like how you styled the floral dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same jacket from Topshop. wish I'd saved the money and maybe bought this one from primark! It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that shearling denim jacket from primark..i keep going into my local one but they never have my size..boo! and i adore your grey maxi, love the entire outfit. yep my bag is that pieces one from asos...ermmm i doubt it'll fit folders and stuff unless you keep the drawstring part open lol. i was a little dissappointed in the quality of the bag..they definitely photographed it well. it looks more like what it does in my photos than it does on asos but if its in the sale now then you cant go wrong..(i unfortunately paid full price!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow two stunning outfits you work the maxi skirt so well love how you styled it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really, really like that denim shearling, i think it'll transition well from autumn to spring/summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the photos next to each other and I love both outfits, but especially the maxi dress/leather jacket combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking super amazing!
    just read on your twitter that you're in first year of northumbria. I just graduated from there (fashion marketing) - Good luck with it all and I'm sure you're having so much fun already!

    Love from
    Sarah (Temporary:Secretary) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog
    im now following you

    follow me back @
    http://iblamefashion.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog !
    the dress is beautiful.
    i am now following your blog, hope you can follow back.
    love FASHIONPROJECT. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fringe! Suits ya x

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥