Saturday, 23 October 2010

love, love, love!

Apologies for the pretty sporadic posting of late, uni life is really getting in the way of blogging but I'm doing my best! This outfit was from Wednesday, which is my day of lectures, and I decided to wear my Luella t-shirt that I've had for a couple of years now that has yet to be seen on this blog. I don't know if any of you will recognise it at all but it was from the Autumn/Winter 2007 show and can actually be seen in this look here. I'd bought it on the Luella website when it was on sale, although I can't for the life of me remember how much it was, I could take a guess but it would probably be wrong, so lets just say it was considerably discounted! It was the start of my little collection of Luella pieces which includes this bag, a dress similar to this one but longer and in black and a shirt similar to this one but in black and white polkadots, all of which I've bought at outlet stores or on sale, because I could never afford the normal retail prices!

I've kind of been in love with Luella ever since her Spring/Summer 2007 show with all the cute graphic prints and that quintessential British, girly-meets-punky kind of style that she became so famous for. And you can probably imagine how bummed out I was when she ceased trading during the recession last year, so I like to think the Luella pieces I have are a sort of investment and might be worth something more in the years to come! I would also very much like her book to add to my collection as well, so mum if you're reading this, that's one less Xmas present you have to think of! ;)

T-Shirt - Luella
Shorts - Next
Jacket - Urban Outfitters
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace - ASOS

I went with a bit of a Luella-esque look, which was a mix between girly and military, by pairing my tee with floral print shorts and my new army jacket. I got this on sale from Urban Outfitters the other week and I love it so much! However it's not the warmest of jackets and it's suddenly got super cold up here in Newcastle so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to wear it! I think my faux fur is going to be my coat of choice for the next few months to be honest!

P.S. Today, we discovered that there are maggots behind the cooker in our kitchen. Both dead and alive. So I have been slightly freaking out all day. I don't get why they're there because we keep the kitchen really clean?! And we can't get it sorted out until Monday as maintenance aren't available until then! It's the halls' fault anyway because they didn't even bother cleaning and filling the gap in the floor before we all moved in and now we have to live with maggots! It actually makes me feel really quite ill!

9 comments:

  1. Love That Top & Love It WIth Them Shorts Too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit - the Shorts and T-Shirt are gorgeous.

    Little Rachael
    Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! You are so cute and you have great style x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment! Yeah, I live in Shelf, Halifax :) I'm wanting to do Fashion Communications next year, (if I can get in!) and Northumbria's my first choice :)

    Which halls are you staying in? Now following; I love your blog!

    romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, but I need a "visual cv"? I think it's like a presentation...

    And I looked around there on Open Day! I like Camden Court, too.. minus the maggot situation haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair look sstunning here
    you are so chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look.
    bit freaked out at the thought of maggots! urgh. we had some in our (outdoor) rubbish bin once, boiling water killed them immediately.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like this look. the shorts are super cute and the tshirt goes really well :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this t-shirt! I love Luella too and bought myself a dress off the website when it was closing down...it cost me nearly £200 but it is absolutely gorgeous...now I just need more places to wear it! Haha. I love your blog, you are so pretty and I love how you style things :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥