Wednesday, 3 November 2010

army dreamers

I've so far not had the best week, what little time management skills I have have really gone out the window these past few days, which has left me feeling a bit stressed and worried if I'm honest! However I'm going home tomorrow for the weekend which should hopefully give me a chance to recharge my batteries or whatever it is I need to do so I can come back to uni and get myself back on track!

Anyway I had these photos from when I went out on Sunday. This was when my family were still here so my sister kindly took pictures of me, she seems to be developing a real eye for it! Considering that it was Halloween I honoured the day by going a bit gothic, so I wore this burgundy velvet dress I got from Primark a few weeks ago which I then paired with my army jacket and a snuggly ASOS snood along with all my usual black and gold accessories. I really like this dress, it's actually a lovely shape and fit, my only problem with it is that the long sleeves really chafe on the insides of my elbows and leave me with a sore red patch there whenever I wear it. I suppose it's just down to the lining of the velvet not being particularly soft and I suppose it's to be expected from somewhere like Primark, still if it didn't do that I'd probably wear it so much more as I love the shape and colour!

Dress - Primark
Jacket - Urban Outfitters
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace - ASOS
Snood - ASOS
Boots - Schuh

As we were out on Sunday we also went out for a bit of lunch at Marks & Spencers (well actually we ate out pretty much all weekend apart from when I cooked for me and my sister on Saturday night but anyway that's beside the point!) In Newcastle they have a proper restaurant set up rather than the usual cafe I'm used to back in Yorkshire and they have seriously lovely food! I had a lasagne, but they've got all sorts of other gorgeous things as well as their amazing melt-in-the-middle chocolate puddings that they serve with ice cream AND cream! I didn't get a picture of it but you can imagine how yummy it is!

They also have Coke in glass bottles, which is probably the only time I actually really enjoy Coke. Why is it that it tastes so much better out of a glass bottle anyway?

12 comments:

  1. love love love the dress! trying to find one of them at the moment. they only had black in primark though! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that burgundy velvet dress! Lush.

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good in that outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love M&S chocolate puddings!!
    I adore your dress too, I was going to make one as I hadn't come across an affordable version but I might have to check out Primark now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dress is beautiful! I hope you're enjoying time with your family :)

    The lasagne looks gorgeous too; I know what you mean about the cafes in Yorkshire!

    romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that dress, i actually adore the way you wore it during the day time too and casual-d it down! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooveee that dress! I wish we had a primark in australia! And that food is making me so hungry haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!

    really amazin dress:))

    great blog!

    pls come visit and join!

    kisssssss

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! it looks so yummi!!
    i just bumped into your blog! love it!

    xoxo
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/
    /there's a GIVE_AWAY on my blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Food looks so yummy!
    Hope you're enjoying Newcastle. I studied Fashion Marketing at northumbria and I miss it there so much.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love your style! and I LOVE your hair it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥