Friday, 19 November 2010

blood roses

Sorry for having gone a bit AWOL this week, I've actually been ill so I've spent the week at home and just haven't been in the mood to post. I've neglected my twitter as well, but expect a lot more pointless ramblings on there from me from now on, if you wish to follow!

Anyway being at home has really helped me to sort my priorities out and, although I sometimes don't really think the whole "student" lifestyle is the best thing for me at times (as in the drunken, filthy, Lord of the Flies sort of existence that seems to be what sudents have turned into these days) I know what I want to do and what I want to achieve and that's all that matters in the end. Did any of you feel like this about your student days, or still experience it now, or is it just me???

Onto lighter things anyway, this outfit was actually from last weekend, as you can see from the poppy marking Remembrance Day. I'm wearing a Topshop dress that I picked up in the mid-season sale a few weeks ago for £20. I was never sure if I liked this dress when I'd seen it at full price but I spotted it in the sale, tried it on and I had to have it. It's a lovely shape and colour and goes so perfectly with my fur coat as well! As you can also see I've picked up a new necklace as well to wear with my usual cross one. It's a skull one from Topshop which I got when I went shopping with my mum last weekend in White Rose Shopping Centre in Leeds. I'd basically been looking for one of those maxi skirts and had no luck there so I cheered myself up by buying the necklace.

Dress -Topshop
Coat - Vintage
Necklaces - Topshop & ASOS

However, I did finally find the skirt I was looking for at Topshop in the Metro Centre in Newcastle and it is now mine! It was the "Posh" one (on the bottom right of the collage in this post) and I am so happy with it! I ended up getting it for only £10.50 as I used the £30 gift card I won from the Style of a Fashionista giveaway (thank you so much again!) and I got an extra 10% off with my good old student discount too! It's completely gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for so expect to see it in outfit posts soon!

So until then, I hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Great.The dress and the neklaces are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, I love everything!

    I'm having a giveaway which ends on Sunday, I'd love it if you popped over & entered :)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous what an amazing buy that dress was and I agree it looks gorgeous teamed with the fur jacket. Glad you got something nice with your voucher xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fur jacket, I'm recently on the hunt to find the ultimate fur coat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit & your necklaces! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress!!! I tried it on a few weeks ago and it looked awful on me, I was so gutted! It looks perfect with your fur coat though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, the dress and coat are lovely:) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely post!!! i just came across your blog and i have to say i loved it! i went back all your posts... it's amazing!!! your style is incredible!!! check out my blog too... if you like it follow me and i promise i'll do the same..;)))

    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't let uni things get you down... like you say, keep your eye on the prize and you'll find your way. hope you are feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cross necklace and you look super cute in the dress!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥