Friday, 5 November 2010

remember, remember

..It's the 5th of November! What are you all (well those of you in the UK anyway) doing for Bonfire Night? I'm back home in Yorkshire at the moment so I'm hopefully going to have a lovely weekend with the family as we're visiting my grandma tomorrow for some Bonfire Night celebrations with fireworks and yummy food, not sure if I'm doing anything in particular tonight though!

Anyway on a completely different note, some of you may be aware that I won the amazing giveaway at Style Of A Fashionista for a £30 Topshop voucher a couple of weeks ago. I was ridiculously happy and excited to say the least and that excitement probably increased two-fold when I recieved it at the beginning of this week and I now get to decide what I'm going to buy with it!

As you may have seen in this previous post I was raving about how much I wanted a sheer maxi skirt and Topshop have just brought in a black pleated sheer maxi skirt that seems perfect! They've also got a softer version without the knife pleats which I like as well so I'm  hoping to get to my nearest shop ASAP and see if I can find at least one of these skirts to buy with my voucher! However I do also have some back up ideas in case A) they look poo on me or B) I can't find them instore anywhere so I thought I'd do a little bit of an ideas post for you all to see! Obviously I will only be able to buy 1 or 2 items with my lovely voucher but there are so many other pieces I want as well I just couldn't narrow it down! Please do leave comments/advice on what you think I should get, I'm feeling very indecisive at the moment!


All items from Topshop. Sheer pleated maxi skirt (furthest left) £45 and "Posh" Maxi skirt (furthest right) also £45.

Also just thought I'd remind everyone to please follow me on Twitter if you aren't already! I can at times be humourous and/or insightful so please do follow!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely picks Alexandra :) I have those tri-marl tops, they're the most comfy pieces of clothing ever! Definitely worth picking up this season! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the competition.

    This evening I will be celebrating bonfire night on the Hoe in Plymouth. As comically named as it is the display is set on a little piece of land out at sea so its really quiet amazing watching the reflections in the water. hope you have a great time

    http://may-velvetmorning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Love The Posh Maxi Skirt & The Velvet Bra!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Just stumbled across your blog...Im from the US, so what is Bonfire Night? It sounds like a lot of fun!
    Anyway, Im totally gonna follow you now that I see you have a cool style and put up food pix, lol
    I'm following you now, so i hope you follow me too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those skirts are amazing!

    A really weird thing happened today... I showed my friend my latest post (the 7 bloggers one)and she noticed you! You went to New College? I saw you in the fashion show last June :) And I have photos of the show/you on my facebook?! In a non-stalkerish way...haha :)

    romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=444912377463&set=a.444911752463.234005.694687463&pid=6375854&id=694687463 take a look? haha... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go to Hipperholme and Lightcliffe 6th form? It's the scumbag one next to the grammar school ;)

    You looked amazing! Your dress was stunning...

    romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love those maxi skirts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm LOVING maxi skirts... any girl I see in one I just think looks fab. It's such a flattering way to update your silhouet. All these pieces are lovely. Think the aviator clinches it for me though. to wear WITH the maxi skirt. Um, and the jumper... haha! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥