Tuesday, 21 December 2010

brick by brick

Hi guys! I'm finally back from my considerably extended blog hiatus and there's loads for me to catch you all up on.

First of all I finally managed to get outfit photos the other day, these are from when I went up to Newcastle on Friday last week to make another visit to my new flat and sort a few things out. I'm really sorry it's taken me this long to post again, as I said previously I have been so preoccupied with finding somewhere new to live and sorting all of that out that I haven't been able to put as much effort into my blog. Also every time I planned on taking outfit photos my camera would be out of battery or I'd just forgotten it altogether, so that's been a pretty big fail on my part.

Anyway I'm also finally getting round to showing you all the Topshop maxi skirt I've been raving about in a number of my previous posts, so here it is! It has literally been my go-to item for weeks now and this combination I'm wearing here has to be one of my favourite ways to wear it so far. I've paired it with my big cream cable-knit jumper tucked in and my Primark shearling-trim denim jacket, along with a leopard print belt I got a few weeks ago from Dorothy Perkins for like £4 or something measly like that! I'm sorry that the pictures aren't great but it was dark when I took these (well my dad took them actually, hence the slightly bemused expression in a few of them and the "experimental angle" in the middle picture) so the lighting was a bit crap and I had to resort to using the flash.

But having said that you're also getting a bit of a sneak peek of my new flat in Newcastle! As you can see it has this pretty cool feature wall in the living room/kitchen which I am hoping will lend itself very well to outfit photos in the near future! I would show you other pics of the rest of the flat but to be honest its looking very, very bare at the moment and I'd rather show it off when its a bit more cosy and homely once I've moved in properly in January.


Jumper - Second hand (mum's)
Skirt - Topshop
Belt - Dorothy Perkins
Jacket - Primark
Boots - Debenhams

4 comments:

  1. the necklace looks fantastic on you! it couldn't have went to a better home. :)


    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, and I love your skirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I'm likin' the outfit and I LOVE that feature wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that jumper and skirt combo x

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥