Tuesday, 4 January 2011

the old and the new

I really need to get better at posting outfits on the day I actually wore them, I suppose that should probably be one of my new year's resolutions. Or at least a blog resolution anyway. So far my resolutions for this year are not to be late all the time, lose some weight and have more confidence in myself. I could list off many others but we all know how most resolutions are made to be broken, so I won't bore you with them all.

Anyway this outfit was from New Years Day, like I said I really need to improve on posting outfit photos nearer to the day I actually wore them! I'd just got this dress from the Warehouse website, which was originally £85, for the tiny sum of £20! It was part of a graduate designer collection by a girl called Daisy Craver in association with the British Fashion Council Colleges Council which I'd had my eye on for a while now, but at £85, it was a no-go. But then obviously when it went in the sale for £25 and I could use my 20% student discount PLUS get free next day delivery, I snapped it right up! I paired it with a really ancient cardigan from Dorothy Perkins as it was the only piece slouchy enough to look right with all the draping and then finished it off with one of my mums old belts that only fits because I had to make another hole in it right at the end. There comes in my resolution to lose a bit of weight! Or maybe just buy a new boyfriend belt!

 Dress - Warehouse
Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins
Belt - Vintage (mum's)
Boots - Debenhams
Bag - ASOS
Rings - ASOS & Topshop

I reckon this dress would look ultimately better with a really long, chunky, waterfall-style, drapey cardigan layered over the top and a knotted black boyfriend belt to cinch in the waist. And maybe some kind of chain body harness as well. Sadly I don't have any of these exact items in my wardrobe as of yet, so this combination will just have to do for now!

Also, I apologise for looking so moody in these pictures. I suppose there was just something about this ensemble which asked for some form of "cool nonchalance" or something like that!? Or maybe it was just that I wasn't in a very smiley mood at the time!

P.S. Just realised I hadn't really wished you all a Happy New Year on the blog yet. So Happy New Year to you all!  I hope you all had a really great time and are looking forward to a brand new year! I know I am!

17 comments:

  1. Such an amazing dress, definitely worth the wait for all that crazy draping! I love the way you can pull off red lipstick too, you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your rings!
    gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, those resolutions...I have some too! And I really hope to stick to them :P
    You look so gorgeous in that dress..love all that draping and the colour. And your red lipstick! Suits you so well :)

    Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when items you wanted full price go in sale! I'm really liking the lipstick on you too.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing dress! loving the print! - so abstract and fashion forward. I can imagine it with an accent of neon or something similar!

    thank you for following me on Twitter :)

    Happy New Year!

    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    x Your Only Blackswan

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always look So amazing! I love your hair. I've always wanted hair like this. Love the rings! they all work well together. Thank-you so so much about the comment on my artwork! It helped SO much. Very much appreciated :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress so much! It falls beautifully :). Your lipstick colour is gorgeous too. Hope you've had a lovely New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress!
    http://stylishoverflows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit, especially the print of that dress and your boots! You have some lovely outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the print on the dress in amazing like a sea of water love it!

    http://flashingfashionx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing photos!love the rings
    follow me on:
    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2187105/glamourgirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dress - it was worth the wait. And I know it's ridiculous but I think it'd look great with a DKNY cosy over it. Probs not a real one as they cost a fortune but something that shape! Love the rings, too :)

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  13. i could die for those rings ! A M A Z I N G <3


    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime:) hope you like my blog:) posted 2 new outfits yesterday give them a look:)x

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥