Thursday, 20 January 2011

transition

I got these leather shorts quite a few weeks ago now, when I was still back at home in Yorkshire, from the vintage section in Urban Outfitters in Leeds. It was possibly one of the best moments of my life when I wandered over to the sale/vintage area and they had literally like a dozen pair of leather shorts all for £21.99. Thankfully I managed to find a pair that actually fit my annoying much larger-than-average hips/bum/thighs plus with my student discount on top of the sale price they were a serious bargain. Yay for me! Anyway, although I have worn them LOADS, I hadn't managed to get photos yet, but yesterday I finally had a bit of time when I wasn't rushing back and to around Newcastle, or feeling much too tired and sweaty after doing said rushing to actually get some photos where I don't look completely crap.

I paired the shorts with some neutral layers as a nod towards spring which will hopefully turn up sooner rather than later. I love winter and winter fashion but I am looking forward to when it's a bit milder in terms of temperature so I don't have to worry about massive coats and scarves all the time. I've been wearing a ridiculous amount of black recently and I feel like I need to get out of it so I don't look like I'm constantly in mourning or something, but I've just been drawn to it all winter and I can't seem to shake it off! I was hoping that the addition of this coat to my wardrobe would help inject a bit of colour during this transitional period but it sold out while I dithered about worrying whether I could actually really afford it or not, even if it was in the sale. However, now I shall never know... unless I manage to hunt it down instore somewhere!

Rings: ASOS & Topshop

Nail polish: Cherry Pie by Models Own

Shorts: Vintage via UO
Shirt: H&M
Jumper: H&M
Coat: Whistles
Boots: Debenhams

P.S. Have you noticed my cool oh-so-subtle lens flare in these pics. Does that make me like a proper fashion blogger now?? Even if it was purely by accident?? You should check out this post here for how you're SUPPOSED to use lense flare!

P.P.S. I'm almost at 150 followers! Love you guys! There may be a giveaway in the works soon, just need to work out what I could actually give away....

13 comments:

  1. eeeeeep!!!! i Love your rings! I love your hair and outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the layering in this outfit, especially the two tops together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shorts and your ring collection. I also wear my leather shorts to death!
    Hope uni is getting easier for you

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeousssssss outfit. your style is a-maz-ing.

    CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    p.s. now you're one closer to 150!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your rings are gorgeous! :)
    http://stylishoverflows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want some leather shorts! they look amazing. And i love all your rings, I'm in desperate need of some nice jewellery. Well done on the follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh,I love your outfit! I honestly can't stop wearing my leather shorts haha:) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great look on you - loving the neutral layers teamed with the leather shorts - gorgeous :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those leather shorts & all your pretty rings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those rings, I want them all!
    Love your blog by the way, shall be following :)

    Sian xx
    www.we-are-the-crowd.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfit




    drinkteaabecontent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥