Sunday, 2 October 2011

colour block

I've been back at uni for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be going really well so far, although it has been really busy so I haven't had chance to post anywhere near as much as I would have liked obviously!  Anyway those of us in the UK will know that we've had a bit of a mini heatwave these past few days, although it absolutely chucked it down today unfortunately, but this outfit was from Wednesday when the heat first really kicked in. I decided seen as though the weather was so nice that I'd actually give the concept of colour blocking a decent attempt, seen as though I've wanted to try it properly all summer but just never quite had the confidence to think I could really pull it off. I'm glad I tried it though, because I actually really like the result! I paired it with nude accessories to tone the colours down a bit, I got the bag from ASOS a few weeks ago as it had gone on sale and I really fancied a new, proper leather bag for going back to uni, and the loafers I got from River Island as I have been distinctly lacking in a nice pair of flat shoes, which aren't boots, for way too long so I had to get them! I hadn't intentionally got the shoes to match the bag as I'm really not a fan of the whole "matchy-matchy" look but I think breaking it up with bold colour like this works pretty well and doesn't make the matching too obvious. What do you guys think?





Top: H&M; skirt: H&M; belt: ASOS; bag: ASOS; shoes: River Island

5 comments:

  1. so glad your back! I hope everything is okay lovely.
    Perfect outfit!!! love the shoes SO much omg i think i need them!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, yellow looks great on you. The bags and shoes matching really pulls the whole outfit together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt so much and I'm so glad you're back! I've been terrible at blogging recently haha.

    I can't believe you saw me how I was! I literally ran to my first lecture 10 minutes late. Smooth.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing look, love your skirt!! :)
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥