Saturday, 21 January 2012

leopard print

























Coat: Topshop; top: ASOS; necklace: Topshop; skirt: River Island; bag: ASOS; brogues: ASOS.

I have become more drawn to leopard print these past couple of seasons, I used to avoid it pretty much outright as it reminded me a tad too much of my emo/scene kid days (check out the two links if you fancy a laugh at my expense) where leopard was the print of choice. However I've found that in small amounts and in more of a monochrome palette I've found that it works really well. This first outfit was another of my weekend shopping outfits, my mum and I had to photograph it really quickly as we were a bit pushed for time so it would have been nice to photograph the shape of the top more as its a lovely slouchy square-cut (a bit like this) that actually works really well layered over the shape of the skirt, but I didn't get the chance.


















































Jacket: River Island; top: H&M; skirt: Topshop; belt: ASOS; bag: ASOS.

This second outfit was actually taken a few months ago when I had first come home, my mum and I went to the Hepworth gallery in Wakefield after meaning to go ever since it opened earlier in the year but we just hadn't got around to it. I would recommend it to any of you who are interested in art or sculpture, the building itself is amazing and the exhibitions are actually quite varied and cover all sorts of movements and eras. There's also a really nice cafe offering lovely local food which is always a bonus! Anyway as you can see I'm liking my rust coloured coats/jackets at the moment, there's something about the colour that just makes it really versatile. The skirt is another example of leopard print that I have in my wardrobe, this one is much more of a subtle, ditsy leopard print which is a really lovely variation on it, again in a colour palette of black and grey which I think makes it that bit edgier. What do you guys think?

8 comments:

  1. love your outfittt!!! u look adorablee <3 i would love to have u as my blog follower :D i will definitely followback your gorgeous blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits! I see what you mean about subtle leopard print - it looks really chic. Also love the lipstick you're wearing in the first picture!!

    Drea xoxo

    dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ADORE your sense of style! So chic and edgy! It's just amazing!

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both of these outfits and your blog. I'm now following you.
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfits! You have a great blog...I'm now following you :)
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your necklace is just amazing! i love your style

    xx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like your curled hair - what do you use to get this look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! well it's a bit of a pain to do but I let it dry naturally so its a bit wavy and messy then I add in curls/waves using my hair straighteners. it's taken a long time to perfect haha!

      xxx

      Delete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥