Wednesday, 29 February 2012

slip
























Dress: Topshop; cardigan: Topshop; bag: Accessorize; brogues: Topshop.

This is one of my favourite dresses at the moment. It was technically one of Topshop's nightwear/lingerie range but when it's layered up with an underskirt it makes the perfect grungy slip dress. You can't quite see it clearly on the images but it's really finely pleated so the skirt falls beautifully and the lace paneling on the bust is the perfect added detail. I'm not quite sure why it was sold as nightwear as I think it's much too pretty to just wear for bed, but this is coming from the person who goes for comfy, novelty pyjama's featuring the likes of Miffy and the Cookie Monster so it might just be me that thinks that! Anyway I figured I'd pair it with a cardigan to grunge it up that bit more, it feels like forever since I last wore any of my cardigans for anything other than covering up around the house. Thanks to the medication I take, I have a tendency towards getting overly hot, especially when I'm out and about, so I try to wear as few layers/woolly pieces as possible. This cardigan, although it's the perfect oversized slouchy shape, is made with real wool so it's one of the worst culprits for that horrid too-hot feeling. Is it just me who prefers their knitwear to be in cotton or acrylic, even though wool is meant to be a sign of a good quality knit, or is it something you tend to avoid as well?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress, definitely too lovely to confine to bed! Love how you've grunged it up, especially the gorgeous leopard bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit and how you have put it together, i would never of known it was a nightwear dress .. it looks fab and really suits you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute and lovely dress! i love the cardigan you pair it with! iam following! follow me back????
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress!!

    Arra
    theprincessonthebrink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥