Friday, 9 March 2012

cyber









Finally invested in a MAC lipstick. Had been using Revlon in Va Va Violet and although the colour is nice it doesn't apply very well and isn't particularly long-lasting either so decided to give MAC a try, as I'd heard their lipsticks are some of the best. Obviously went for the colour Cyber as it's just dark enough for me to add edge to a look without being too gothic. I also invested in their Prep + Prime Lip primer as well, since a dark lip has become my go-to make-up look I figured I might as well do it properly! I only applied this quite quickly to test it out yesterday before my Zumba class (hence the ponytail!) so it's not exactly perfectly applied, and I haven't had chance to test out the longevity either as it was wiped off pretty much straight after I applied it (again Zumba class is not the ideal time to experiment with purple lipstick) but so far I'm impressed!

I've also bought Urban Decay's Moisturising Setting Spray as I use a foundation that has a tendency to go dry and cakey as it's intended for covering acne scarring, which I suffer with, so thought it would help prevent that as well as making my make-up last longer. It seems to work pretty well, I figured an exercise class would be the ultimate test and it did stay put for many hours even after sweating like crazy, however on reflection I think I maybe should have gone for the De-Slick or All-Nighter version as my skin is also stupidly oily thanks to my Mediterranean genetics, so the foundation still melted around my nose where my pores are at their worst. Do any of you have any tips/products that help your make-up stay fresh all day, as it seems I'm still very much a novice when it comes to the complicated world of make-up/beauty!?


6 comments:

  1. The lipstick looks gorgeous on you, it's nice to see somebody embracing bold lips!! The ELF setting spray is actually pretty good and cheap, I've got a review coming up on MAC Fix+ on my blog soon so keep an eye out for that too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful colour, I may have to invest! Afraid I don't have any advice on making foundation last, mine never lasts all day :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this colour lipstick from the Rimmel 'Kate' range but I want to get the MAC one - the colour looks great on you.
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so gorgeous, your eyes are amazing!!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so pretty! I love the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥