Tuesday, 17 April 2012

disneyland paris photo diary #1









Day #1
Arrived mid-afternoon in Paris only for everyone (bar me) to fall asleep in the hotel room until early evening. Guess that's what a 4am start does to you! 1: Finally made our way into the main park for dinner after making a last-minute reservation at the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland2: The food wasn't exactly the greatest (French idea of medium done steak is more like my idea of rare) but it filled a hole! 3: Had the chance to play with my new 35mm lens in the restaurant, I kind of love it; 4, 5 & 6: Happened upon the 20th anniversary evening show at the castle (which is amazing beyond all amazingness) and then excitedly scoured all the shops along Main Street before heading back to the hotel for bedtime!













Day #2
1, 2 & 3: Returned to the main park to get started on the rides! Was a pretty wet day so I couldn't spend long doing much photography. I'm wearing my New Look shirt dress layered with my Boohoo jacket and New Look floral parka, which was pretty much a godsend with the weather like it was; 4 & 5: The family being uncharacteristically smiley;  6, 7 & 8: Managed a surprisingly large number of rides, including Space Mountain and the super-awesome Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (high score of 233,000 thank you very much). We were too cheap to actually buy the ride photos so my dad just photographed the little viewing screens as you leave the ride with my old Nikon point and shoot, which he'd brought to play with for the week. Lol at my face on both of them, can you tell I take laser shooting rides quite seriously? 9: Obvz had to go on the "It's a small world" ride, I probably enjoyed it more than a grown-up should, and the same can be said for my dad as well.





































Day #3
1, 2, 3 & 4: The mum, sister and I. I'm wearing my Topshop pleated midi dress, vintage denim gilet, New Look parka, Accessorize bag, Topshop brogues. I love how suited this outfit is to gallivanting about Disneyland, all girly, sugary pastels and so on; 5: Yes that is, in fact, Peter Andre. Found him filming something or other as soon as we walked into the park. If I'd had my zoom lens on me at the time (or as I like to call it, quite appropriately in this instance, my "pap" lens) then I could have got a whole bunch of highly obtrusive shots of him just for lolz, but, alas, I could not; 6: Goofy dancing. I love Goofy, he's awesome. I have a humorous Goofy story to come in the second part of this post that you should all look forward to; 7 & 8: One of the many parades, this one was a special 20th anniversary rainbow train thing, with yet more dancing characters. I enjoyed it greatly nonetheless; 9: The obligatory Disney castle shot, I do love the castle even though those of us over here in Europe have plenty of real, historically accurate castles to look at haha! 10: The sister, mum and I again over in Adventureland with all the pirates and stuff; 11 & 12: Mum and I dancing to the pirate music, as you do; 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17: As you can probably tell the sun was out on day 3 and I couldn't resist photographing the sun through the willow trees over this cute little bridge in Fantasyland. Plus, y'know, there were ducks; 18, 19, 20 & 21: Daddy took some pictures of the main parade. I think we must have happily watched it 2 or 3 times over the course of the week; 22: Another of my dad's pictures. Lens flare to the max! 23: The sister and I while we were waiting for our table at Planet Hollywood in the Disney Village for our evening meal.

I'm having to split this post into two as I still have quite a few photo's to come. Anyway I hope you enjoy this first installment of my Disneyland photo diary! Second part to come in the next day or two!

3 comments:

  1. Really great photographs, you all looked like you had a great time and you look gorgeous! Can't wait for part two :)

    Drea @ Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos :) I've never been to Disneyland before. I'd love to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I love Disneyland so so much! Your outfits were very Disney-suited :)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥