Thursday, 19 April 2012

disneyland paris photo diary #2





















































































































































































































































































































































Day #4
1: Went to the Walt Disney Studios Park to get started on the rides there! 2 & 3: The Fantasia brooms! I'm wearing Mink Pink skirt, H&M bustier top, vintage denim gilet, New Look parka, ASOS boots, Topshop sunglasses; 4: Anna being ever so slightly mental; 5, 6 & 7: Posing with the Monsters Inc door and Mike Wazowski. I adore Monsters Inc but Anna won't watch it anymore as the Randall character frightened her when she was little. Aww! 8: Adopt a Monster (i.e. me); 9 & 10: Most likely James Hetfield's guitar at the Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster. Plus the ride photo, mega-lolz at me gurning; 11-21: The Moteurs.... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular! I probably enjoyed the bit where the guy got set on fire more than I should have. Who doesn't like a bit of pyro though? 22, 23 & 24: Evening meal was at Cafe Mickey where you get to meet Disney characters. We were staying half-board so had set menus to order from at all the restaurants, however I was very pleased with my roasted garlic and pesto mushrooms starter, breaded turkey escalope with cheese and tomato (it was kinda like a turkey version of a parmo, or a parmigiana, to those of you with no knowledge of the North East!) served with Gorgonzola tagliatelle and then dessert was a giant profiterole with hot chocolate fudge sauce and whipped cream. Not too shabby if you ask me!  25, 26 & 27: Obvz we met the characters too! The chipmunks were first to ambush us, I had to use flash for these as I hadn't had chance to fiddle with my camera settings, still cute pic's though! 28: This guy was super creepy, I wasn't entirely sure who he was but I had an idea that he was the baddie from Pocahontas so we asked his minder (yes they have regular people there to look after them!) and she confirmed my suspicions! 29, 30 & 31: We met another baddie in the form of Captain Hook, he kissed my hand and then kissed all the way up Anna's arm, hence the photo! Also met Mr. Smee and as was highly appropriate for Mr. Smee we almost forgot he was actually there! 32, 33, 34 & 35: Eeyore, my god Eeyore! ♥ He was so cute and fuzzy, we all squealed like little girls when he came out. My dad was especially excited, plus he got the first cuddle! 36: We had to wait a while to get a picture with Mickey Mouse, whoever was in the costume was TINY so I felt I should crouch down a bit, hence why Anna looks a lot taller than me! 37 - 41: Ahaha, Goofy! I have a new-found love for Goofy after this. He decided to have a bit of fun during picture taking by pulling both of us onto the floor with him while Mickey just stood there and watched the mayhem unfold. I got a hug from Goofy as well while Anna just got a hair-ruffle which I think she was a bit miffed about. I have a feeling the guy in the costume takes every opportunity to cop a feel of adult females whenever he can and maybe doing the same to Anna might have been a bit paedo-y? Who knows!






























































































































































































Day #5
1 & 2: On our final day we started out back at the Walt Disney Studios mainly so I could finally pluck up the courage to go on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I have a bit of a lift phobia in general and this ride is basically just a lift gone wrong so it was the first ride in a while that's left me feeling genuinely nervous. I thought I'd highlight my dad and I in the ride picture in case you couldn't quite make us out. I look terrified (or a bit like this) but I actually really enjoyed it! Nothing quite like being dropped vertically from a great height! 3 - 10: Yes, we went back on the "it's a small world" ride. I figured this time I'd get out my zoom lens and have a play with it, these are some of my favourite shots, I especially like the pink llama. And the Canadian mounty, I love mounties. Oh and check out the on-trend pink/lilac hair! 11 & 12: Final few shots of the castle, it looked lovely in the bright sunshine we had for the last couple of days; 13: Pansies. I imagined they were singing; 14: Final shot of the park while everyone was waiting for the parade; 14 & 15: I'm wearing Staple dress, vintage denim gilet, Accessorize bag, ASOS boots; 16 & 17: The sister and I outside the park. Wish I'd got a few shots of the Mickey Mouse shaped flower bed, it was so pretty!

Well this is a pretty huge post, didn't realise quite how many photo's I had! Apologies for any loading difficulties/brain explosion from so much frivolity at once. Hope you've enjoyed seeing my Disneyland experience, it's been nice doing posts like this, reminds me of the one's I used to do. Maybe I can get back into doing more like this? Make sure to let me know in the comments if you would like to see my day out posts make an appearance again!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, I really want to go :( looks like you had an amazing time and I love your outfit!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! oh my gosh you really should, it's amazing, you'd love it!

      Alex
      xxx

      Delete
  2. God, I love It's a Small World. Sudden flashbacks to meeting the characters at Disney World, aged 7. The chipmunks stole my straw hat. It was brilliant.
    jenn.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures it seem like you having a great time there !

    Hope to see you soon my blog !


    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, it looks like you had the most wonderful time! i'd just love to visit disneyland paris again. i adore your white dress, plus you have the most perfect hair! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥