Wednesday, 25 April 2012

photo diary #10


















































1, 2 & 3: Disneyland Paris purchases including Minnie Mouse slipper socks, sequinned Minnie Mouse ears, Thumper cushion and Thumper mug; 4: My real-life version of Thumper; 5 & 6: A snapshot of just how eclectic (or just weirdly random, depending on how you look at it) my musical taste can be. Going to see Steps in concert on Friday (already saw them once when I was like 7 or something, my first ever concert I think?) so I dug out all my old CD's of their's for some nostalgic listening. Over a decade later and I still remember all the words. I am not ashamed. Also been listening to Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler a lot this past week. Quality stuff right there. The brother got me Johnny Truant's last album for my birthday, a bit of further nostalgia, this time for my scene kid, mid-teen years. I never got to see them live before they split up as the show I was meant to go to got cancelled. Still pretty gutted about that to this day. Finally we have Bill Bailey's Das Hokey Kokey (yes, it is Bill Bailey doing the Hokey Kokey in the style of Kraftwerk. Oh how I love him.) Found it in a box while digging out the Steps CD's and figured it needed to get on my laptop, sharpish; 7 & 8: Topshop sale purchases. Got this Tall floral slip dress and metallic mesh tank in lilac, hoping the latter will make a good layering piece; 9 - 14: Spent last weekend baking for a charity event held by the RMBF that my mum's on the committee for. I made chocolate flapjacks and brownies from the Green & Black's Chocolate Recipes book (if you like chocolate and baking, GET THIS! The recipes are bloody amazing!) and raspberry ripple cupcakes from the Good Housekeeping Cookery Book. I love baking, I'm not exactly skilled at it but I enjoy it all the same! It was the first time I ever made whipped cream from scratch and used a piping bag. I reckon it wasn't too shabby for my first try!

This photo diary post has ended up covering more like a week and a half, I have been pretty useless at doing anything at all productive since I got back from Paris so I didn't manage to post this at the end of last week as I intended. I've been reducing the dose of anti-depressant medication I take as I really want to come off it altogether in the near future, but I think it's left me at a pretty low ebb, hence the lack of posts. I'm hopefully going to get a couple of sets of outfit photo's done in the next few days so look out for them!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Disneyland purchases!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I'm so jealous of your Disneyland escapades, Alex! That cushion and mug are perfect, I always add to my collection when I've been to Disneyland or a huuuge Disney store. Definitely going to be gettin' my bake on once my bloody assignments have been handed in and exams sat! Hope you're okay sweetie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the chocolate brownies you made look so darn amazing! i definitely need to find myself a simple recipe to try out. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥