Thursday, 3 May 2012

festival looks #1

Tee: Metallica; leather midi skirt: unknown; skull necklace: River Island; cross necklace: Urban Outfitters (old); purple lipstick: MAC Lipstick in Cyber; neon yellow bag: Aldo; plain band rings: ASOS; lilac friendship bracelet: Urban Outfitters; pink and yellow friendship bracelet: ASOS; round sunglasses: Vans; patent boots: ASOS.


































Neon bag: Aldo; vintage Levi's denim gilet: Rokit; crop top: Topshop; boyfriend belt: ASOS (old); check maxi skirt: Mink Pink; leather hinge cuff: River Island; patent boots: ASOS; skull necklace: River Island; cross necklace: Urban Outfitters (old); round sunglasses: Vansspike double-finger ring: ASOS; purple lipstick: MAC Lipstick in Cyber.

Since festival season has pretty much begun (well according to all the fashion-types harping on about Coachella) and I'm currently counting down the days (33 to be precise) until I go to Download Festival, I thought I'd put together a few posts detailing my idea of festival style. Plus it's the ideal way for me to plan outfits (and a shopping list!) as there's nothing worse than packing at the last minute and having no clue what you're going to wear!

Seen as though the festival I'll be going to (and staying VIP at, or RIP as they like to call it) will be decidedly rock and metal based, styling-wise I'll be going for grungy separates paired with bright accessories to add some much-needed colour. I figured I'd collage items I mainly already own, or that are similar to items I own, for outfit planning purposes plus there's really no point in doing "if money was no object" collages as I would never ever even think of wearing any kind of expensive designer piece to a place where flying bottles of urine is not an unusual occurrence. Having said that, Download Festival is actually the friendliest festival I've ever been to, unlike Leeds where you have to pack up and leave early on the last day unless you want your tent kindly set on fire.

Are any of you going to festivals this year?

1 comment:

  1. Love these outfits, hope you had fun at download. I actually just got back from Coachella weekend 1 and it was unreal, like no other festival I have ever experienced. I am going Field Day and Bestival as well this year, still sad there is no Glasto! x

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥