Tuesday, 3 July 2012

long & short

Dress: COS; necklace: Topshop: flatforms: Vagabond via ASOS; clutch: ASOS.

Officially in love with my new Cos dress. It's my first ever Cos purchase and definitely won't be my last. It feels like I've been looking for the perfect black asymmetric dress for forever and after some unsuccessful attempts to find a somewhat cheaper alternative (such as this ASOS one which turned out to be a really weird fit on the shoulders) I finally just sucked it up and forked out the £79 for this one, and it was so worth it. The cut is just perfect and it is so comfortable and easy to wear. I can see myself styling it for both warm and cold weather, either layered up or pared down. I figured that for its first outing I'd style it pretty simply with my flatforms, neon clutch and a statement necklace, as I was going to watch my sister's dance show at our local theatre so a somewhat evening-y look was appropriate. I'm pretty sure I got a few stares, whether they were good or bad I don't know but, if I'm honest, I don't right care! It seems flatforms are the main culprit for offending narrow-minded types, take the majority of comments on this Boohoo facebook post that I spent a good length of time chuckling at the other day! They are a lot comfier than your usual six inch heels but it's safe to say that they take a bit of getting used to. I found this out almost immediately when  I wore mine out for 
the first time and proceeded to fall right on my arse in the middle of Urban Outfitters. Yeah, ashamed doesn't even cover it. Because they are, y'know, flat you forget that there is a heel there for you to fall off, so the minute you lose you're balance you're a bit buggered! Still I absolutely adore them and after a couple more wears I've got a lot more used to them, but that's my word of warning to anyone whose thinking of getting a pair themselves: go for it, just try not to fall over in the middle of a public place like me!

9 comments:

  1. You looked lovely, sis. And all my friends loved what you were wearing :) XxX <3 Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this dress! I have a similar style from Weekday but this looks a bit nicer, shapewise. I'm all for flatforms, though I tend to need a strap. I have a pair from Vagabond I can't really walk in as they fall off! Need to get practising again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the simplicity of the dress, COS always has great, minimalistic stuff (but unfortunately way too expensive considering the fact that it is basically h&m). And flatforms can be kind of tricky, I fell over in mine too. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit,the dress is a wonderful shape and the neon clutch spices the whole outfit up!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! I've just ordered some flatforms from Asos and I'm a bit worried about walking in them, hopefully it goes well!

    Love your blog, I'm now following!

    www.elizabethlola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. obsessed with your style:D nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award:) more details are on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥