Tuesday, 10 July 2012

ombre


I've been meaning to try out ombre nails for a while so when my mum randomly picked up this blue Rimmel shade for me the other day I thought it would work quite nicely combined with the 17 lilac shade I already had. All I did was layer on a couple of coats of the Rimmel polish to get an opaque colour as it is quite thin and then lightly sponge on a layer of the 17 shade, adding in extra blue where appropriate to make sure it blended evenly as well as painting extra lilac on the tips to give it an opaque finish. I then sealed it with my Nails Inc matte top coat, which actually seemed to help blend the two colours together even more, weirdly! Anyway I'd thought that I'd find it really hard to do this technique but it turned out to be a lot simpler than I'd anticipated and gave much better results than I'd first thought as well, so it's definitely worth a try if you haven't already!


8 comments:

  1. These look great, love the colours you chose!
    When I do ombre nails I paint stripes of all the colours onto my sponge and dab it onto paper first, makes them blend together even more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are lovely! I need to try this!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look super!!

    You should of come down would of been lovely to see you! - if you find that too daunting we could always meet up for a chat soon - so you know someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your nails darling - and it's great to see a fellow Yorkshire blogger :)

    Eda ♥

    Cheap Frills Jewellery Giveaway at my blog ♥

    Follow me on twitter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. these two colors look so cute together, love your nails! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks amazing, definitely have to try this <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know what you think, it really makes my day to read them! ♥